Monday, March 2, 2009

It was hot as Hades at Cat Club this weekend

Saturday night Melisser and I went to Cat Club for Temptation. Without fail the dj played the strangest 80's music video in existance: Fade to Grey by Visage. Just watch the video below to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8ZOB0MIV4

Elaborate makeup aside, there were other note-worthy things that night. There was a guy that looked like he could have been in Bauhaus. His 80's goth look was in full effect and I loved it.


Unfortunately he looked to be in his late 40s. Where are all the 20-something 80's goth rock looking guys at? Hit me up! I'm not talking Hot Topic, I'm talking Ian Curtis look-a-like.

There was also a goth girl there doing some classic goth dance moves such as "kicking the smurf" and "moving through the cobwebs". Priceless.

In an effort to steer this post away from 100% goth talk, I ran into Mel and Shane that night. It was great seeing them again.

Melisser is leaving for Europe Thursday and will be leaving me dance partner-less for weeks! SIGH.

I think the best way to end this post is with a picture of Steve Strange of Visage:

1 comment:

  1. How nice.80's music in 2010. MY sympathy goes to that guy in his late 40s hanging out with 20s. I am in my 40s and enjoyed the synth sounds of my youth. I show my two kids the music I was into. And they laugh.
    Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete